Sunday, April 12, 2015

Species At Risk In Ontario


 
 
Welcome back to my blog, In my last blog I talked about how human affect animals extinction and  what they would need to stop doing if  they wanted to save the animals existence. In this blog I'm going to talk about 4 species that are at risk in Ontario. I've decide to chose Ontario to show people that they're endangered species all over, even in your community.
 
The first animal is a mammal, that lives all over Ontario in the tall grass prairie, sand barrens and farmland. Its the American badger, the American badger is threaten by habitat destruction and being hit by cars. The American badger is a short animal and resembles a weasel.
 
The second endangered animals in Ontario is in bird category and its the bald eagle. The bald eagle lives near several different habitats and forest, they stay near forest for there food sources of fish and other animals. The bald eagle is a threaten animals, by the development of housing and industries.
 
The third animal is the eastern wolf a animal from the mammal group. The eastern wolf lives in mixed forests and is endangered because of habitat destruction, forest destruction into farmland. Only 500 eastern wolf can be found in all of Canada. 
The four endangered animals is also a mammal its the grey fox. The grey fox lived in the forest and marshes, The animals is endangered by the cold climate of Canada. The grey fox can usually be found in warmer climate.
 
All of this animals, are animals in our community and we should take care of them and make sure they don't go extinct because so many animals have already became extinct and we don't want any more to leave the earth. I believe animals contribute so much to our earth and we should help them not to be endangered.
 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, very interesting! I personally didn't know half of these animals even lived in Ontario let alone were species at risk of extinction. I like how you're interested in this subject and I think more people should be. I look forward to reading about more species at risk of extinction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my blogs are very interesting and you like them so much, I try talking about things that are interesting, different and stuff a lot of people don't know of. I'm glad you like me blog post and I can't wait to for you to see my next one

      Delete
  2. Fascinating topic. I'm very interested in learning more about extinction, specifically in our area.

    A few issues:
    - A few grammar issues throughout (Are vs our, they're vs their, etc.)
    - It is often difficult to follow the logic of each post. Some sections ramble on, with no clear focus. (ex. Polar bear section)
    - Almost no opinion throughout. Remember, this is supposed to be about YOUR opinion, not an assortment of facts from the websites you researched.
    - Good sourcing thoughout. However, after quotes, indicate who said it. + Comment on the facts. They cannot stand alone.

    The topic is amazing! You just need to add your own take to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very sad to hear that there are so many species that are near extinction. We should cherish these beautiful animals. They look so cute, especially the American Badger. I hope that they won't disappear and that us, humans, will make a big effort to help this animals. This was a very nice and inspiring blog post Rachelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks Mona, and I'm so happy that you have a heart and you agree with me. I'm glad my blogs are inspiring to you and yes all these animals are beautiful and we don't want them to disappear. I cant wait for you to see my next blog,

      Delete