Saturday, June 13, 2015

Popular Animals

Today I decided to change up my blog post, instead of talking about animals that have gone extinct, or animals that are endangered of going extinct. I'm going to talk about the most common/popular animals in the world that a human may own in their home.

  •  142 million freshwater fish
  • 88.3 million cats 
  • 74.8 million dogs
  • 16 million birds
  • 24.3 million small animals
  • 13.8 million horses
  • 13.4 million reptiles
Numbers of animals families may contain in their homes.

These are statistics above are from the United-State of America, they show the most popular/common animals owned by humans or a household family. In my opinion Cat and Dog should be the most popular animals a family would own. I believe, families prefer bigger dog for a watch dog and to feel more protected in their home. People that have smaller dogs are people that bring their dog everyone, a person that owns a smaller dog is a person that live alone, or live in a small houses and have small backyard. As for, cats in my opinion people that own cat often live alone, they're lonely or lazy,  Cats are less work then dog that's why older people may have cats.  They don't need to be taken out like a dog. In my opinion the amount of people that own a cat is larger than the amount that own a dog because more people today are allergic to dogs than cats. Also, people work and often are too busy to take care of a dog, and cats are not any work. The number one animal families own, is the freshwater fish this came as a shock to me. I don't understand why the number one animal owned by humans are fish, all fish do is swim around in a bowl you can't play with them like a dog or pet them like cats.

My sources: http://www.livescience.com/32415-whats-the-most-popular-pet.html

No comments:

Post a Comment